Trendy Bathroom Upgrades That Sell Every once in a while trendiness meets affordability when it comes to decor. Houzz, a home design website, took a recent poll to find out what type of bathroom upgrades people most desire in a home. The results were much less expensive than you would think. Here are 5 of [...]
About The Porch Tyler and Sandi had discussed buying a home for several months. One day last Winter, I got the email. “Sami, can you help us find our first house?” Not being married yet, the home would be purchased and inhabited by Tyler until some later date when the couple married. For a few [...]
Top 5 first time home buyer neighborhoods. The abundance of Greenways, proximity to shopping and amenities, great schools, churches, and more all contribute to what make Charlotte a great place for first time buyers to live. It is so easy to find something that fits any lifestyle and situation. Here’s a peek at Sami MacDonald‘s [...]
HGTV | Property Virgins | Casting Want to be on TV? HGTV contacted Savvy + Co this week and they are casting for first time home buyers in Charlotte. The show is Property Virgins. If you haven’t seen it, here is one episode. Some details and qualifications for the cast: Casting first time home buyers [...]
Charlotte Named Top 10 Investment City. According to Forbes Magazine, 2014 is a great year to invest in the Charlotte Real Estate Market. As any real estate expert will tell you, the secret to a prime investment is to buy low and sell high. The rankings for “Top Cities to Invest” are determined by a [...]
As tax season rolls around, you’ll see why buying a home is a really good idea… for your wallet. Did you buy your first home in 2013 or are you considering purchasing one this year? Here are a few of the tax deductions that come from buying and owning a home: Mortgage Interest This is typically [...]
Last weekend, I had the pleasure of taking a San Francisco ”Business Trip”. Ok, it wasn’t ALL business, but it was primarily to attend the National Association of Realtors® Annual Conference. They sure do know how to choose a destination! Departing from the Charlotte-Douglas International Airport Thursday morning, we experienced 4 full days of fun in this unique [...]
Ghost Hunting or House Hunting? Perhaps Trick or Treating is more than candy and costumes galore Let’s explore another reason this should be your favorite season Park the van and dress the kids It’s time to find a cute new dig Gander down the street as you meet Your soon-to-be neighbors Observe the hood and [...]
Wells Fargo is offering $5.5 million to Charlotte homebuyers this Fall. This initiative, called Neighborhood LIFT, is granting $15,000 each to local homebuyers who qualify. Buying your first house? This program is a perfect kick start to that process. Roughly 4200 households will be approved for the assistance. Some details are as follows: Apply at [...]
It’s almost Fall y’all, and that means time for the many Charlotte Fall Fairs and Festivals. With a big kickoff this weekend, September 14, you can be sure there is no shortage of events to attend this season. From family-friendly, to romantic nights out, to pets galore, there is something fun for everyone. Take a look [...]
- First Time Home Buyer Tax Breaks January 3, 2014
- Wessex Square: A Charlotte Gem August 30, 2013
- Ghost Hunting or House Hunting? October 25, 2013
- San Francisco “Business Trip” November 15, 2013
- Like A Library: Buying Your First Home May 31, 2013
- Trendy Bathroom Upgrades That Sell July 18, 2014
- A Porch Proposal May 8, 2014
- Top 5 First Time Home Buyer Neighborhoods March 7, 2014
- HGTV | Property Virgins | Casting February 7, 2014
- Charlotte Named Top 10 Investment City January 24, 2014
- A Porch Proposal: […] FIRST TIME BUYING […]...
- Top 5 First Time Home Buyer Neighborhoods: […] Wessex Square – A John Crosland de...
- Top 5 First Time Home Buyer Neighborhoods: […] SAMI MACDONALD […]...
- Jennifer Monroe: This is such a spot-on post SamI! I try to encoura...
- First Time Home Buyer Tax Breaks: [...] FIRST TIME BUYING [...]...